Whether you have your own business doing Direct Sales, Multi-level marketing, or you work for someone else or perhaps don’t work at all right currently, it seems like we always have much to do, that we don’t get everything done.
So how do you prioritize ways to in a day? If you are anything including me, you make a list of adventures in the morning (or the night before) and have all the best intentions of travelling them done, only to are able to the end of the day and ostensibly having done nothing correctly.
Working from home using a Network Marketing (MLM) or Direct Sales model, you recognize that in most cases it is an uncomplicated business TO do, but also uncomplicated NOT to do. If you are not careful, you can find yourself easily distracted, certainly nothing accomplished by the end of the day.
Suppose you start your day working from home at 9 am. You are feeling great about today. You’ve got a record of things you want to do, messages or calls you want to make, personal progress books to read, web conferencing to attend, a Blog post to publish, and emails to send.
You imagine, okay, I’ll start with looking at a few emails and then progress with my day. And then, wham! It’s noon, and also you’ve been checking e-mail, Facebook, and other internet sites for 3 hours today and haven’t checked down a single item from your set of Things TO Do!
So after a few nonproductive hours, you get way up out of your chair and go walking to the kitchen to grab any snack or lunch. On the way between your desk and the cooking area, you walk past a filthy sock on the floor and recognize you better put a load of laundry in.
So you accomplish that, but in your laundry bedroom notice, there is clean apparel there you need to put away. It really is heading only take a minute. So you position them away and see that anyone left something on the floor so that you pick it up, take a look at it, and realize they have only junk mail, so you head over to throw it away.
Solely, you see that it has some of your personal information on it, and you stress about identity theft, so you comprehend you better shred it. You want to the shredder if you have one particular, and notice on the counter nearby the shredder, you have a credit card costs you have to pay. It’ll usually a couple of minutes and you far better pay it right now, proper? So you won’t forget. Therefore you either go online to pay that or write out a check and also mail it.
Next to often, the credit card bill is various other mail you haven’t seen, so you go through that. It can be heading only take a couple of minutes. Then you certainly turn around and your dog will be standing right there waiting to visit o-u-t-s-i-d-e. You have to take the dog out because you don’t desire him peeing in the house.
While you’re out there, you see a friend, and being the good friend you are, you want to be helpful and at least chat to get a couple of minutes. The dog did his “thing” so you consider him back inside. Hello look, the clothes inside the washer are done. It will usually a minute to move the outfits to the dryer. You put the particular clothes in the dryer, even though you are there, think, ‘well, provided that I am here, I might too put another load of garments in the wash.
It will usually a couple of minutes. And so in the end, you go back to your own desk to make some phone calls and check off products on your business “To Do” list, and now realize it really is 5: 30pm; it is time to begin getting ready for dinner. You’re starving anyway. Might as well wait until the next day to get started on the list.
Does this situation sound anything like you? It might appear extreme but is likely a little way off the mark. Where does all the time go?
HERE ARE A FEW STRATEGIES FOR A MORE PRODUCTIVE DAY:
1. Find out where you are spending your time and effort. Use a journal and record what you are doing every fifteen or 30 minutes. At the end of the day, you are able to look back and see to are spending all of your time periods.
2 . Create a physical place in your home for your business. Allocate space for your business only- office, spare bedroom, added bonus room, etc. Not your own personal bedroom- that space is designed for resting. If you put your own personal desk in there, then your head cannot be completely at rest.
3. Use a calendar and TIMETABLE your network marketing business in precise time blocks. Put a major box around the times in the calendar that you will dedicate for you to business only. Use this as a chance for prospecting calls, presentations, along with follow-up calls.
You are not to work with this time for dishes, washing, tv, books (even individual development), EVEN IF these small side activities would get “just a couple minutes” to perform. A couple of minutes can easily become a couple of hours. Do not make use of this time for email, Facebook, LinkedIn, or other social media.
4. You might be running a business, so treat it just like a business. If you were operating at an office, you would not really get caught up with the dog or even laundry etc, right? Therefore don’t do it at home possibly during work hours. Till this business becomes a habit, routine it in with a work schedule
5. Check email merely twice per day. Tim Ferris, author of “The 4-Hour Work Week, ” proposes checking at 12 along with 4 pm, because these are the periods that people will be most conscious of emails.
6. Choose your own personal two most important activities you have to get done and focus on these people first. You may have 18 issues on your list, but find the 2 most important things, and perform them, without fail, if at all possible before 11 am. Subsequently, at the end of the day, you will know that even if anyone didn’t get most of the issues done on your list, anyone at least got a pair of done.
Guard your time thoroughly. Look at the most successful individuals around you and throughout the historical past. We all have the same 24 hours in one day that they do/did. Focus on the key activities without being distracted.