Business cards are a staple of any organization. Once one goes into an organization for oneself, one of the first issues is the design and the production of business credit. It might be a valuable tool for marketing your business if done correctly.
However, I think, business cards with the traditional technique serve no real function. What do I mean by that? Normally a business card has not much information that will drive the recipients of this card for you to action. It provides them with your name, the name of your company, plus your contact information; beyond that, there may be little else.
Why not place this little billboard to operate for you? Instead of just supplying the fundamental information, invest in a card that is either 2-sided or a fold-over style so that you can put much more riveting information on the card.
Denise, you ask, what do you imply by riveting information? I am glad you asked!
I love to use a business card to steer prospects to take action and not just look into the card, then put it within their George Costanza-style wallet (any “Seinfeld” fans out there? ) that is overstuffed with credit cards and pieces of paper they are going to never look at again. I suggest an eye-catching “headline” or perhaps a tagline targeting your niche market.
As an aside, let me briefly touch upon the thought of a niche market. While I realize that we in network marketing prefer to think the world is our niche market and that everyone can take advantage of what we offer, I recommend busting the world into groups. You will be more successful with your recruiting efforts if you identify the target audience, figure out what they need/want, and fill that need to them.
An excellent example of a niche market is Mothers. If you want, this can be further separated into more specific groups: working mothers, stay-at-home Mothers, and single/divorced Moms. Each team has its own set of desires and needs: the working Mom yearns to remain home with her children; the actual stay-at-home Mom wants to make a living but not leave home to be close to the girl young; the single/divorced Mothers need to generate income AND discover a method to be present as a constant, guiding force in their infant’s life. Getting extremely particular with your target market and allowing them to know you have an answer to their own problem(s) is a much more efficient way of prospecting than simply handing out a card together with your name, company, and info.
Once you carve out a niche you want to target, design the advertising material that you create yourself (an addition to the marketing material the company offers) with that group in mind. Suppose you market to several niches (there is no restriction to how many niches you may target). In that case, I advise generating different business cards for each audience so that each card, in some manner, catches the attention of that class by addressing a specific want or desire unique to each niche.
The center of your credit does not necessarily have to consider you or your business. Perhaps this data can be put off to the top and bottom corners, so as to allow for an eye-catching image that will appeal to their very own aspirations. Pictures, not necessarily involving you but of a number of the desired scene, can often be more appropriate than plain white or maybe cream-colored stock.
Consider putting a tagline to your provider’s name (pending their endorsement, of course). The name of your corporation, in and of itself, will not be instantly recognizable. If they placed this card away and then took it out a few weeks later, there must be something on there that will remind them of the conversation they have had with you or that indicates what the company offers or does for your prospective customers. Otherwise, chances are they will only toss it and never phone you.
Be creative together with your title. Are you a coach in your business? Then state it. Do you teach individuals how to create wealth? Then state it.
Use the other part of the card, or even better, use a fold-over style card, and inside, you can ask something that intrigues the prospect or even addresses a concern of their own along with a few short, bullet-pointed answers to the question that will demonstrate you and your enterprise have the solution to the prospect’s problem.
I’m going to give you several examples of how I used the previously mentioned guidelines to create an effective enterprise card for myself:
1) I used a tagline under my company name, “Your Road to be able to Retirement. ” Happily, Some have to create this tagline or get it approved, the corporation uses it, and I sensed it was effective. This will raise eyebrows for everyone looking to get out of the rat race, and also, I’d say that’s a fairly large part of the population.
2) To match that tagline, I actually used the image of a stunning tropical beach with stunning blue water, fine pristine, and palm trees. With the exception of people that live in that type of paradise poker all year long, this is what a good most people think about when they consider retirement. So, the image has the exact tagline.
3) I provided myself a title: Employer and Mentor. I want to shed pounds knowing I am an expert on what I do, and I might help them do the same. Take into account, in the end, people don’t want to go into business for themselves, in addition to figure it out the brutal means. They want to join a successful man. They are joining YOU. My partner and I find that much more emotionally lovely than something like “Independent LAPTOP OR COMPUTER. ” To someone definitely not in the network marketing industry, specifically that mean? Professional corporation? What a PC!
4) My contact information includes, besides my very own phone number, the domain name My partner and I picked that is specific to the niche I chose. This is related to the automated marketing process provided by my network marketing corporation.
5) On the reverse edge of the card, I consult an intriguing question that is definitely related to my domain name. My partner and I ask, “What Do YOU Want to get rid of? ” I then give them straightforward instructions on how to take action.
Your model of business cards that most people follow is based on image promotion. Small business owners, which I include things like network marketers, cannot afford to correctly advertise by just spreading a perception. We are not a name-brand specific sport shoe or a famous soft drink that can be identified just by its bottle design, nor do we have the kind of money that those companies must put into an image advertising campaign (think Superbowl Ads at the most extreme). We need to think outside of the container and provide more information on these little tools which will lure the recipient into taking action, just about all within our marketing price range.
Read also: Can You Get a Loan to Buy Bitcoin?